Sunday, January 4, 2009

Parker is here!!!

She finally made it here! I guess I shouldn't really say finally because I was expecting her to come on January 5th. My water broke at about 2 a.m. on Tuesday December 30. I definitely am not a fan of water breaking! It sent me into the BIGGEST panic attack I've ever had! I shot right out of bed and starting freaking out! I was shaking so bad. I think it was mostly because we were not prepared- we had absolutely nothing packed for the hospital, so we had to take about an hour before we went to the hospital before to do that. I bawled all the way to the hospital and kept telling Kory, "I'm not ready..."
She finally came at 4:57 p.m. She weighed 7 lbs. 6 oz. (smaller than I thought) and was 20 inches long.

Sleeping peacefully at one day old.

Proud papa. I feel bad for Kory, it was a stressful day for him but he hid it pretty well.

Please try not to be jealous of my beautiful hair and hospital gown that makes me look 250 pounds.

Her grandmas love her veeeerrrry much!

One day old.


These last two pictures were taken at 5 days old. I can't believe she is already 5 days old! I know it hasn't been very long but I'm a little sad that much time has already passed. It is hard for me to even remember how my life was before she was born- it is a complete night and day difference. I never knew I could love one person so much. Sometimes I just look at her and cry. She is the best thing I've ever done.

12 comments:

Missy said...

Oh my goodness Amy, she is adorable!! Congrats!! I can't wait until you bring her in so we can meet her!! Congrats again, keep posting pictures!

Chelsea said...

YAAY! I'm so glad she made it here:) and our babies share a birthday!!! mine is just over and hour older...she is beautiful! Congrats!!!

michelle said...

Amy, she is so so adorable! She has the biggest eyes. I am so happy for you guys! Next time i'm in Logan I want to see her!

Amy said...

Congrats!!! She is a doll. I am so excited for you. We have to get together cause I can't wait to meet her. It is unbelievable how you become a new, different kind of person than you ever thought you were the second your baby is born.

McKenna's page said...

I am so happy for you guys, she is so cute and even cuter in person.

Dennis & Cheri said...

Great Work you guys! She is a sweet little angel.

Julianne Howes said...

She is so so pretty!!! Congrats! I want to see her in person!

K S & R said...

Congratulations Amy!! She's so stinkin cute! I don't know what y'all think and I need to see her with both of you, but I see a lot of Kory in her... anyways, so adorable!

Becky said...

She is beautiful Amy! Way to go mom!!

Kami said...

oh my gosh she's PERFECT! I'm so happy for you!

Missy said...

AMY I LOVE LOVE LOVED seeing Parker today! She is adorable, and you are just the cutest Mom ever! Don't be a stranger, we miss you around the Club!

chrishley said...

Oh my word! You are amazing. Wow. In her "sleeping peacefully" picture, I think she totally looks like your family. Wow.