Sunday, May 24, 2009

HE MADE IT!!!

I have good news! On approximately 10 p.m. Friday night Utah time/Saturday morning 10 a.m. Nepal time, my dad made it to the summit of Mt. Everest!

I don't have a picture of him on the summit yet, but when I get one I will post it. If you are interested in reading about the details, check out my mom's blog that she has been doing about his journey here: THE SEVENTH SUMMIT.

He is still currently on the mountain, they are making their way down to base camp and they still have to go back through the icefall, but I have no doubts that everything will be okay. The following is actually a picture of my dad in the icefall, he is the one in the red gloves.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Congrats to him! And to the rest of you who are waiting for him to safely finish his adventure!

McKenna's page said...

Mark heard about it on the radio. I can't believe he has climbed all seven, good for him.